START DATE: TBA
LOCATION: Zilker Park
FEES: 4 week session: $59
GET BETTER AT PUTTING IT IN THE NET!
Are you wanting to get back into the game or advance your knowledge and skill? Spend your Saturday mornings at the Austin SSC Soccer Clinic with your fellow soccer lovers. Learn the basic fundamentals of soccer or brush up on fancy footwork in a non-competitive environment. This clinic is open to those who don’t know passing from dribbling, as well as those who have experience. And once the drills are done, we are always down for grabbing a drink!
Small class sizes ensure you get the personal attention you need to improve your play. The first hour will be broken down to focus on various skill sets with the final half hour allowing the players to put the drills into action with a scrimmage. All drills and games can be modified to any level of player. Coaches incorporate the skills learned in clinic into fun and challenging games to keep clinic exciting.
Areas of Focus:
- Basics and Fundamentals of Playing: opening up to the field, movement off the ball, positions, offensive/defensive playing
- Footwork and Ball Handling: dribbling, passing, trapping, shooting
- Reading the Game: improving movement during the game, learning and practicing different kinds of runs, where/when to run
- Small sided-games: small sided games fine tune the skills learned in the clinic before applying them to an actual game
- Scrimmages: take all the skills you have been exposed to and implement them into a real game situation.
More About the Soccer Coaches: Kristina has dedicated her life to soccer and capped off her career with a stint on the semi-pro WISL Gunner’s team in Austin. Mark gets his experience from his time playing in Division 1 of the National Capital Soccer Leagues, coaching numerous clinics and high school athletes, and supervising all soccer programs for Austin SSC.